We welcome all writers of Musical Theatre throughout the UK and overseas, whether you are an established professional, an emerging talent or a writer new to the form.
We have two types of membership: Professional Writer Associate and Writer Associate, and offer special rates for student and overseas members. Your membership lasts for one year from the date of joining.
Professional Writer Associate:
- UK - £95 / Overseas - £60
- UK - £75 / Overseas - £45 / Student – £40
To be eligible to join as a Professional Writer Associate, you need to fulfill at least one of the following criteria.
You must be/have
- a composer, lyricist or bookwriter whose musical theatre work has received a professional production (London, regional, fringe or overseas)
- a licensing deal with established rights-holders , i.e MTI Europe, Rodgers & Hammerstein Theatricals Europe etc.
- a composer, lyricist or bookwriter who has reached the showcase/performance stage of an industry recognised musical theatre workshop programme, festival or competition in the UK or overseas, i.e.
- Perfect Pitch
Other (Please specify)
- a playwright whose work has been published by an established publishing company in the UK or overseas. In the UK, for example : (there will be a drop down and of course a box that says submit evidence here)
- Samuel French
- Josef Weinberger
- Nick Hern Books
- Other (Please specify)
- a composer whose work has been professionally commissioned for any genre other than musical theatre (classical, chamber, orchestral, choral, film etc..)
- a graduate of a recognised professional musical theatre writing courses in the UK or overseas. For example:
- MA in Musical Theatre (as a writer or composer), Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
- Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Programme, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, USA
- BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop in New York, USA
- ANMT Associate Workshop in California
- 3rd Year BML
If you are eligible, then please select the Professional Writer Associate subscription below. Otherwise, please consider joining as a Writer Associate.
If you have any queries regarding MMD membership, please contact Sarah Crook, Membership Manager at email@example.com or on 020 7395 5461.