We welcome all writers of Musical Theatre throughout the UK and overseas, whether you are an established professional, an emerging talent or a writer new to the form.
We have two types of membership: Professional Writer Associate and Writer Associate, and offer special rates for student and overseas members. Your membership lasts for one year from the date of joining.
(We want to ensure you get the most out of membership with us. For a final reminder of what each membership plan offers click here)
Professional Writer Associate:
- UK - £95 / Overseas - £60
- UK - £75 / Overseas - £45 / Student – £40
To be eligible to join as a Professional Writer Associate, you need to fulfill at least one of the following criteria.
You must be/have
- a composer, lyricist or bookwriter whose musical theatre work has received a professional production (London, regional, fringe or overseas)
- a licensing deal with established rights-holders , i.e MTI Europe, Rodgers & Hammerstein Theatricals Europe etc.
- a composer, lyricist or bookwriter who has reached the showcase/performance stage of an industry recognised musical theatre workshop programme, festival or competition in the UK or overseas, i.e.
- Perfect Pitch
Other (Please specify)
- a playwright whose work has been published by an established publishing company in the UK or overseas. In the UK, for example : (there will be a drop down and of course a box that says submit evidence here)
- Samuel French
- Josef Weinberger
- Nick Hern Books
- Other (Please specify)
- a composer whose work has been professionally commissioned for any genre other than musical theatre (classical, chamber, orchestral, choral, film etc..)
- a graduate of a recognised professional musical theatre writing courses in the UK or overseas. For example:
- MA in Musical Theatre (as a writer or composer), Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
- Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Programme, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, USA
- BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop in New York, USA
- ANMT Associate Workshop in California
- 3rd Year BML
If you are eligible, then please select the Professional Writer Associate subscription below. Otherwise, please consider joining as a Writer Associate.
If you have any queries regarding MMD membership, please contact Sarah Crook, Membership Manager at email@example.com or on 020 7395 5461.