By joining Mercury Musical Developments you automatically become part of a vibrant and ever growing community of writers and artists across the UK and internationally. Please look around our website to find out more about the work we do and how MMD membership will benefit you.
Our members have access to a range of showcasing and development initiatives to help further their craft and their careers as bookwriters, lyricists and composers. We offer workshops, masterclasses, seminars and writer groups designed to support those who are new to the genre, emerging talents or seasoned professionals. We actively seek out commissions, build professional networks and are ambassadors on behalf of all our members. At MMD our aim is to support and represent the writers who are shaping the future of British musical theatre.
To help you decide which membership option is the right one for you, please see the chart below. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but a guide to help you choose the right membership journey for you.
There are so many benefits to becoming a member of MMD. Below are a few highlights:
- Workshops and training throughout the year.
- Lionel Bart Memorial Masterclasses (quarterly)
- Advanced Lab, MMD’s professional musical theatre development laboratory.
- Nuts & Bolts session with a leading musical theatre practitioner
- Come along to our MMD Writers Open Mic Night
- Reading & Advice Service
- Q&A’s with musical theatre luminaries
- The Stiles + Drewe Prize – and the Best New Song Prize
- Apply for BEAM – Our bi-annual showcase event for contemporary British musical theatre
- Let us help you find your next collaborator
- Apply for the Cameron Mackintosh Resident Composer Scheme
- Let us help you find a musical theatre BUDDY
- Join our pro-active social media groups
- Promote your musical to our wide musical theatre community and networks
- Engage with fellow members at regular events
- Access our occasional West End ticketing offers and talk back sessions
- Participate in our “Spotlight” initiative
- Receive weekly communications relating to new musicals in the UK
- Attend our MMD Drop In service
- Meet members from Musical Theatre Network at joint events that we host.
‘I had the most brilliant and illuminating two and a half hours with John Sparks today in which he helped me overhaul my entire musical! It was a wonderful session and I drank it all in! What a great and supremely wise guy. I can’t TELL you what an absolute delight he was! I couldn’t believe that he was giving over so many pearls of wisdom at the critical stage of my new musical and, as I said to him afterwards, my learning curve was vertical! That was simply the BEST musical theatre tutorial I have ever experienced and that session with John was alone worth my membership of MMD and MTN combined! He brilliantly helped overhaul my show at a very critical stage.’ Barbara Jane Mackie, MMD MemberJoin Here
If you have any questions regarding MMD membership, please contact Rosie Archer, Membership & Communications Manager at email@example.com or on 020 7395 5461.