Date(s) - 07/09/2020
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
For our next panel we want to explore how freelancers involved with musical theatre are finding ways to generate income and opportunities amidst current uncertainties. There have been some brilliant new musical theatre initiatives started by freelancers during lockdown. As some restrictions ease, individuals are using their creativity and entrepreneurialism to find further ways to make the development and staging of new musicals possible.
We know it’s been – and continues to be – a challenging time for so many freelance creatives. This discussion will explore a selection of individuals’ resourceful responses, and thoughts on how to evolve further opportunities for freelancers.
Panellists to include (subject to change and with more names to be confirmed):
- Rebecca Brewer (performer & writer, including of new musical ‘Coven’)
- Sharon Calcutt (stage manager & production co-ordinator of BEAM showcases)
- Ruth Chan (composer, including of new musical ‘Follow the Light’)
- Jamie Chapman Dixon (producer, including of The Barn Theatre and Producers Portal)
- Mumba Dodwell (director and member of the Freelancers Task Force)
- Dawn Farrow (founder of BOOM Live marketing agency and new initiative Dogs & Coffee)
- Séimí Campbell (Irish theatre director, artistic director of Irish Youth Musical Theatre)
Free to members, non-members are welcome to join us for a pay-what-you-can donation to the on-going new musical theatre initiatives of MMD and MTN. Please register for your ticket on Eventbrite according to your membership.
This panel will be broadcast on the MTN YouTube channel, and the link to watch will be emailed to participants on the day of the event.