Mercury Musical Developments welcomes all writers of Musical Theatre throughout the UK and overseas, whether you are an established professional, an emerging talent or a writer new to the form.
We have two main types of membership: Professional Writer Associate and Writer Associate. We also offer special rates for Student and Overseas Members. Your membership lasts for one year from the date of joining. We want to ensure you get the most out of membership with us. For a final reminder of what each membership plan offers click here
Professional Writer Associate: UK – £95 / Overseas – £60
Writer Associate: UK – £75 / Overseas – £50 / Student – £40
To be eligible to join as a Professional Writer Associate, you need to fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
You must be/have
- a composer, lyricist or bookwriter whose musical theatre work has received a professional production (London, regional, fringe or overseas).
- a licensing deal with established rights-holders, e.g.
- a composer, lyricist or bookwriter who has reached the showcase/performance stage of an industry recognised musical theatre workshop programme, festival or competition in the UK or overseas, e.g.
- a playwright whose work has been published by an established publishing company in the UK or overseas. In the UK, (there will be a drop down and of course a box that says submit evidence here) e.g.
- a composer whose work has been professionally commissioned for any genre other than musical theatre (classical, chamber, orchestral, choral, film etc.). Please specify.
- a graduate of a recognised professional musical theatre writing course in the UK or overseas, e.g.
- MA in Musical Theatre (as a writer or composer), Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
- Graduate Musical Theatre Writing, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, USA
- BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop in New York, USA
- ANMT Academy for New Musical Theatre in California
- BOOK Music & Lyrics 3rd Year Advanced Workshop
- Other (please specify)
If you are eligible, then please select the Professional Writer Associate subscription below. Otherwise, please consider joining as a Writer Associate.
If you have any queries regarding MMD membership, please contact Ellen Burgin, Membership & Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3951 7961.
“Thank you for being there – MMD has been such an important investment for me. Really looking forward to tomorrow evening’s event.”
Emma Wolfin Golding, MMD member